Spent the last 2 hours trying to set up images to get ready to post. Then I guess the post text timed out!
My pump was given to me by a friend. He bought it at an auction of an old Franklin dealership about 1955 around Pittsburgh. He decided to scrap out any thing of value,(brass plumbing,pump unit,base etc.) Even though the cylinder was not broken(just a couple of BB holes)it was also discarded. He made up an octagon brass frame with patterned glass. Installed a lamp socket and receptical to plug in extension cords. It served as a yard-lite for 30 years. When he moved from Adams Co.Pa,in 2006 he passed it on to me. It had sat in the garage I built with him in 1987 well buried in stuff. I was about to just restore what he had done(and use as a yard-lite)having new glass cut. My son"s Huskie wrapped his leash around the pump pulled it over breaking the glass and plowing furrows in the lawn. Hence my decision to actually try to restore a FRY 17. When my frustration with the picture posting is over I will try again.