Bud:

Sorry to contradict YOU - but EVERY lens I make has my company name and the currrent year date of issue on it. No exceptions.

Just because you can't see all of them on the photos on my site doesn't mean they are not there.

In the future, if you plan on making 'factual' statements on my business pratices, have the common courtesy to call me first and get your facts straight.

On the other hand, almost none of my vinyl decals (the only kind I produce) are dated. I used to do this, but the pump restorers did not like the dates on the decals - so I stopped. Since (as Dick mentioned) vinyl was NOT a product used 'back in the day', any person looking to purchase a restored pump should know that the decals are reproductions.

That beind said, any decals I make for someone that could be used to confuse the age of an item ARE dated. This includes - but is not limited to - any decals I do for clock faces, oil rack decals, and that sort of thing.

I do have plans on reproducing some porcelain/silkscreened signs in the future - and every one of those will be dated. To me, that is just the responsible thing to do for others in this hobby.

Later . . .

Jim