Now this question recently came up on another forum that I visit, but they were asking about membership. I'm wondering though, WHERE this hobby is going....I'll offer a few observations, but I'd like to hear some other input....
As far as collecting the items that we collect, try to keep in mind....

Gas pumps... With all the different type of pumps, such as curbsides & previsibles, visables, clockfaces, computer pumps, (both the Art Deco style 36Bs & Wayne 60s, and the smooth body pumps, like the Tokheim 39 & G&B 96)..... What do todasy pumps have to offer? Besides those irritating credit card readers?

Cans... The old, multi colored, graphic cans. made of metal, so they could be used for other purposes when they were empty. 5 quart cans, grease cans... Today we have plastic quarts & gallons, with paper labels, that soon fade and peel off. Grease comes in little cardboard tubes, that get tossed when empty.

Gimmies... Service Stations had all sorts of stuff for their customers. S&P Shakers, Gas tank sticks, (Thank you Bob Richards) wallet and desk calenders, ash trays & matches (Probably not safe at a gas station) Trash bags, which were hung from the vent knobs. (Who remembers vent knobs?) just to name a few....

Station attendants... Snappy lookin' clean cut guys, who smiled and asked "Fill 'er up?"... Remember those guys? They'd check the oil and tire pressure, wash the windows. And if something needed to be tightened, they probably had a screw driver in their pocket for that too...

But most recently I noticed, and this is what prompted me about this..... Maps... With the new GPS Systems, Onstar, Garmin and others, whats going to happen to all the neat things that we love, and loved, about our hobby?

Any thoughts?

Anything Chevron
[Linked Image from i17.photobucket.com]
I'd rather be flying.....