In the Petro book "Encyclopedia of Petroliana Indentification & Price Guide" by Mark Anderton on Page 127 in the middle is Perhaps my favorite of all PENNZOIL signs. It was Porcelain and cut/drilled for neon.

So Saturday, I did the artwork clean-up of the graphics and printed my transparency for the overhead projector.
Saturday night, I traced the sign border/outline and then cut it out with my Jig-saw and painted it primer white (Zinnser 1,2,3) and let it dry overnight.

Sunday morning, I used an Oil based Poly Rust-Oleum Caution Yellow which I liked since it had an Amber tint like PENNZOIL Signs have. I let this dry until Monday afternoon.....

Monday afternoon, I reaffixed the sign back in front of the overhead again and traced out the detailed artwork. Later in the evening, I painted just the gloss red and let it dry overnight.....

Tuesday morning, I did the gloss black and it all came together. Liking how it came out......

It's 41.5" WIDE by 16.25" TALL ON 3/8" Med Density Board.

Was wondering if anybody has the same "REAL" sign in their Collection. Would be nice to see. The original was 92" x 36"

Thanks!

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGE