I'm a total newbie here and maybe this is bad form, but I wanted to brag on my Dad for just a bit.

Several months ago, he had it in mind to buy a reconditioned electric of some sort. He found one he liked, but rather than buying it decided to look around for an old visible pump that needed reconditioning and doing the work himself.

He found a Wayne 515 and now, for the most part, the project is finished. If I can figure out how to do it correctly, I'll post the before and after pics. AS you can see, it was in rough shape (and the back side was worse!).

I think you'll agree, my Dad does excellent work.

The pump has a feature on it that neither one of us quite understand. The valve that releases the fuel from the glass tank is joined by a linkage to a small lever/flag/something-or-other located on the side near the covered return pipe. Very near that, on the outside of the pump, a little bracket made of sheet metal is spot-welded to the skin. We are under the impression that it is part of an indicator of some sort that maybe told the attendant in the valve was open or closed.

We're just guessing, but hoping that one of you might know more about this. If so, please point us in the right direction!

Wayne 515 BEFORE.jpg
Wayne 515 BEFORE

Wayne 515 AFTER.jpg
Wayne 515 AFTER

Wayne 515 upper linkage.jpg
Upper end of linkage

Wayne 515 lower linkage.jpg
Lower linkage