I am not here to argue and I am not here to be put down and told to LEARN YOUR SIGNS. I am here to be RESPECTFUL and educate myself on this hobby! As a new collector and collector of strictly Porcelain Firestone signs I still feel this is a FAKE sign. Can I be wrong? Sure. Is the location and seller part of my judgment? ABSOLUTELY! BUT So is the sign itself. Rick and Jamie have some very valid points. But as collectors we need each other to learn from as well as all avail resources. Personally I have never seen this version of a Firestone sign, but then again I am newer to the hobby. I have many porcelain Firestone signs in the same Version's by DIFFERENT sign makers and they are virtually identical. The people who made this sign ran out of metal so they used a sign that they messed up on (that is why there is another sign on the back). Let's get down to a comparison. The letters in this sign are TOUCHING each other. Out of every porcelain Firestone I have seen the letters are evenly spaced and not touching each other. Shelving and gloss are not ways to determine if a sign is real or fake. Plenty of fake signs have great shelving and gloss(remember the people making these signs are using a technique from the 1930's- and all have wear by the screw holes). I have to give this seller credit. This sign would deceive many people and whoever made it did a good job. Here is a picture to compare. They may be two different versions-but consistency goes through most of the Firestone signs of this era The font is not right either as Jamie pointed out . I may be totally wrong, but I would not buy this sign.

Last edited by 57tbirdkid; Thu Jul 21 2011 06:53 PM.

The most valuable commodity I know of is information-Wall Street