Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The Felix character was borrowed from the 1920s cartoon "Felix the Cat" by L.A. automobile dealer Winslow Felix, who opened Felix Chevrolet in 1922 at 12th Street and Grand Avenue. Felix was a friend of filmmaker Pat Sullivan, whose animation studio created the feline character.

The large Felix Chevrolet neon sign was erected at Figueroa and Jefferson Boulevard when new dealership owner Nick Shammas relocated the Chevrolet franchise there in 1958.

The Felix Chevrolet sign has become a Historic Landmark.