Thank you, KZ1000 for your rude observation. I wish I'd had you on a jury during the 3 1/2 decades I served as a public prosecutor. It doesn't seem to take much to convince you.
I don't collect reproduction items, never have, so I am not one who likes "cheap fake ****" as you say.
And I've been collecting long before anyone ever reproduced a sign, globe or thermometer - probably longer than you have, frankly.
The only thing I still don't get is how you can be so self-righteously sure from a photo without any further proof.
Yes, this sign is different from the other Gulf Supreme signs that are commonly seen, but that fact alone, and it's my supposition that is the only thing upon which you rely, begs the question at hand. As shown, the sign does have chips, some rust stains, evidence of having been mounted, very heavy shelving and the point is well taken that no one has ever seen more of them as is certainly the case with re-pops and fantasy pieces. People will read these types of postings in the future so one would hope that accuracy and some back-up evidence might be required before the blanket "it's a fake" statement is made forever and for all time.