I would have to disagree on the restored signs selling high. Let me also add I was glad to see it, as I do not believe a restored sign should even be considered in the same category as an original. I've never had a sign restored so I have NO idea what it costs to have one done.

Obviously I'm not a big believer in restored signs myself. But besides the 30" Paragon and Sunset the other restored items we're fairly cheap. Plus if the Paragon and Sunset had each been original and in excellent condition they would have been thousands more. And in the Sunsets case easily double in price!!

I wasn't there in person so I have no idea how nice the restoration was nor who did it. A lot of them were advertised as professional restoration, so I would assume they looked beautiful. But a 42" Husky Service sign restored on both sides only brought $3000. Hell I doubt you could get the sign restored that cheap. Plus there were several 30" restored signs that sold in the 1200-1500 range (Fleet-Wing Ethyl and Red Crown General Motors) both come to mine. And sgain cheaper than the restoration would cost.

But I agree with everybody else it was like any typical auction.....Some stuff high, some low, and a lot right where it should be.