Hello All,
First off, I want to say this post is not to start any disagreements or arguments, just getting something off my chest today, which is a rare for me to do at any time, I'm a pretty quiet type usually. smile
I had some extremely nice, scarce Mobil oval handy oilers in my Ebay watch, awaiting the auction end to execute my bids. I was a bit peeved this morning to see the auctions all ended. I sent the seller an email asking why the auctions were ended or what was going on with them. He replied that he was fed up with the drama and all of the lowball offers he was getting from dealers. The sellers auctions clearly stated no reserve or buy it now on his items.
Are some dealer/collectors so hellbent on acquiring items that they plainly disregard a seller's auction rules? In this case it has plainly ***** off this seller enough that he told me that all of this stuff was going back in boxes and he was done with auctioning them. He explained he didn't have to sell this stuff, and was hoping to pass his collection on to the next group of collectors that would appreciate his stuff. This seller had already offered some TOP quality oilers, and who knows now what our collecting community is going to miss out on now that a few unscrupulous people who couldn't read or exhibit courtesy to the seller ruined it for people with respect.
I will be up front and say I have very occasionally sent an offer to a seller making an offer for an item I really wanted. I think many would be lying if they said they had not done this. The only cases that I have ever done this though was after thoroughly reading the sellers auction listing to see if they stated "we do not end auctions early or no BIN price".
I guess is what I'm getting at is read a sellers listing first before making outside offers. In this case, a true Mobil collector, ME lol, lost out on adding some really choice items due to the actions of others with no respect for the seller, or ultimately me as well as the case may be as I was waiting for the auction to run its course as was requested, and now we're ALL out of the running for this guy's very good quality merchandise! frown
Thanks for listening guys....it's too hot and I guess I'm a bit cranky today, lol!
Darin

Darin Sheffer
Always looking for Mobil and Marathon items I don't already have!