So funny how bad information is passed on to others. Would it be fair to advise others to stay away from items coming from New York because I read about about some shady transactions by people who live there? The answer is no, this is not how it is done.

Back to the sign in question. The Firestone sign in question is real. The lettering is not the typical computer fonts we see in fakes. The color is dead on. The rack marks are correct to the early porcelain sign maker's process, not like the fake rack marks seen in todays repops. Firestone has had a major marketing program in South America since the 1930's. This sign and many other commonly found Firestone signs are not uncommon finds in South America and other location outside of the US. It is very hard to tell, but it is very possible this sign was made in the US and exported to South America has part of Firestone's early marketing program.

I have this same sign in my collection and other than the fact that mine has a little more wear, they are the same. Now for the bad news> My sign came from a dealer in New York at the Pier Show. Did I get taken? If the answer is yes, we need to watch all signs coming from New York..... Just joking, I have little worry about my Firestone sign being fake.