Hello all! Time again for "Found Along The Way" ,that Petro PIcture showcase of the cool things that you found while out cruising,looking for that new pump,or sign that you just know is out there somewhere,or just happen to pass while ridin the back roads ! In Fox Lake,IL is Fred's Service..now you can't see it in this pic ..

But from my vantage point,I could just see a pair of feet in the first bay!so I stopped in and asked if I could take a look and found this ol girl....

She looks pretty good,but she's not going anywhere soon.the owners son told me that the grandmother did the touch up many years ago,and on that wall it's gonna stay. Although they no longer sell gas,it was always a Mobil station .
This station was a union at one time I'm pretty sure,now a boat repair place.

This last station ,the guy was happy to let me take a couple pics,but wasn't happy being the owner of it. Said it was originally built in 1957 as standard oil...

. A real nice porcelain station.over the years he said it was Union,and also a 66..when I told him I collected pumps and stuff,he said" to bad I scrapped them old pumps when I bought the place" don't you hate that?lol!

Some nice looking porcelain under that paint I bet...
To bad the owner is so fed up with the village,he doesn't want to do anything,cause they will raise his taxes,and he's already hurting.

So lets see what you have found in your travels,and a big thanks for all the great pics last month!!! Lets keep er goin!

Looking for gas,oil related clocks,especially neon and spinners .clock repair available. Mick