Today I found the gem of my collection, the most valuable piece by far. Is it worth much money? Doubtful. I was visiting my grandfather in the hospital today, and he told me he wanted me to have something. Told me where it was in his house, and told me to go get it. My grandfather is 87 years young, tough as nails, a Navy vet serving in WWII & Korea. He has saw the Great Wall of China, and during the Cold War, he worked on missile warning systems in the Atlantic. He was a boilmaker for over 40 years, and is one of the few to reach the achievement of belonging to the Boilermakers Union for over 65 years. So I could only imagine what gift he had waiting for me. When I found the gift, I could hardly believe what laid in front of me. It was his pair of cutting glasses he got on his first job when he moved to Kentucky from Louisana.

I went to see him again this evening and told him how appreciative I was of the glasses. He told me he remembered when I told him I learned to use a cutting torch from my uncle(I just began middle school I believe). He knew from that day on, that I would appreciate the glasses. Though they are minimal in value, they cannot be bought in my eyes.

I figured a few of you guys would appreciate this story. Some of you might even have similar stories. If so feel free to share them!!!

Thanks,
Brandon

Brandon Ferguson
Central City, KY
Farm Related Advertising