Originally Posted By: OK Used Cars
Rick, Do you have a contact for the Cox family?

I think I know what they are feeling as I had the same experience in 2000. Lost 300 signs, 40 pumps, 4 cars and lots of other kool stuff.....pretty much everything I had worked for, for 15 years. It was a really big hit.

It teaches you that many of the cliché's in life are sincere truths.....

"It could always be worse"

Glad none of my family was hurt...and for sure there have been matters in my life, like losing my parents, that were more devastating. Look around, there's a lot of people less fortunate no matter what your situation.

"Nothing lasts forever"

It's why we don't have too many things from the ages. People, material goods, and experiences...it all goes away in the end.
Everything that exists in time, runs out of time some day.

"Right now is the best it gets...and it is always now"

The fever was rampant and I had always dreamed of a bigger shed and a collection more vast. With it all gone and not enough time, money or opportunity to ever rebuild to that level again, I realized that what I once had WAS the top of the mountain. Don't overlook your good fortune today fretting about what you don't have or how much better it could be....you can worry yourself right out of a great moment.

my sentiments exactly. went thru the same thing 3 yrs ago. had to keep looking at the bright side in that the house wasnt affected & nobody was hurt. the rest is just "stuff"...

in the aftermath, i have started thinning down the collections in the house. when you see how easily it can be lost, it just doesnt seem as important to keep "everything" anymore...

Last edited by sellersrodshop; Sun Apr 06 2014 10:23 PM.