I have been waiting for someone to post this kind of "Where do we go from here, now that DB is gone." We all feel a personal relationship to him, for me, he is the one that did 1/5 of all the values for my first gas pump ID pump, then because of our relationship, I asked him to do all the values for my second book. At the time of his passing, we were discussing him doing the values for the third book.

Naturally, I am trying to work with someone who will take his place doing the values.

We all looked to him to do something special for each one of us. We enjoyed his smart comments, that was DB, but more than that was the answers to almost every question about something to do with a very rare gas pump. I get calls from people thinking I am a gas pump expert, I am NOT, I just have a lot of literature and have used it to write some books. The true expert was DB, he knew more about gas pumps than....no need to finish this. Everyday on this site a question comes up with only an answer that could have been given us by DB.

Now it is time for the rest of old timers to step forward and try to answer questions posted here. We don't have to copy the way DB answered most questions, we each have to establish our way of answering.

We all have to wait to see what will be done with not only his collection, but what is in his computer. Hopefully his wife will seek guidance from who is not self serving and will do the best for her and the hobby.

DB, I not only miss you, but is miss the oranges.

Jack Sim

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available