Originally Posted By: Lastgas15
The suggestion to ask GPR to see if he had a lead on the equipment sure sounds like using one of DB's friends to get at DB's stuff, and is not cool!

If and when DB's wife is ready to part with DB's stuff she'll let someone know. I'd have a very low opinion of anyone that approaches her about buying any of DB's stuff until two or three years have passed. Give the lady a chance to work through the grieving process.

She has no obligation to do what's best for the hobby. I don't think those in the hobby could even agree on what would be best for the hobby. She needs to do what's best for her.

We miss ya DB.

IMO Lastgas, I don't know you (no name in your profile) but I think your taking this conversation wrong. Having Dan contact Rob so that he knows that if it becomes available is not like showing up at Judy's house to hound her! I miss DB like most everyone on here and not one of us probably can understand how Judy's handling his death or anything at this point. But what DB meant to this hobby is well known and I believe myself that at some point when the time is right DB himself would love someone to keep his Oil Can dynasty going.

Thanks
Mike

Always Looking for any Pure Oil and Sunoco Items.