A couple months ago I was looking for a vintage desk to put in my office. A small one shows up on CL -- nice condition with a story to tell.. Came from U of W college in Seattle. It has a ID tag on it. Now I need a vintage oak chair to match. Back to CL - one about 90 miles away. Another ID tag on it -- they say came from a newspaper office in Calif. On my way home from getting the chair my brother calls and I tell him about the chair to go with my new desk. He mentions that he used to own Gramps old oak chair from the Union Bulk plant. I quiz him on that as I had never heard the story. He got it at a garage sale from people that got it from a garage sale from the guy that purchased the bulk plant from my grandfather. I asked him where is it now? I gave it to my son. A quick call to my nephew. Do you have Great Gramps old desk chair? He is not sure about the history but will send a pic of the chair he has. Another 100 mile trip and a few dollars later I own "A" oak desk chair. Next stop is to see the guy that bought out my grandfathers business. Yes the story lines up and that is the chair. I mentioned that I just went past the old bulk plant and peaked in the window and see that Gramps old oak desk is still inside. Will you sell it? NO -- but I will give it to you. Today the desk came home, need to finish cleaning it and it will be reunited with the chair after many years and have a new home in my office. The one currently in my office will probably end up back on CL.

IMG_6210.JPG IMG_6216.JPG IMG_6226.JPG IMG_6225.JPG

Collect UNION 76 items only. Contact me if you have any interesting items for sale.