Shop Talk member "Fred" found a great image hosting service set up perfectly for users to post their images on Shop Talk. You can upload images directly from your computer to their server for free. When it is uploaded, you get a screen with easy copy and paste code that is ready to go for Shop Talk.
This is a well thought out system. I'm proud that their site is designed and run right here in Missouri.
You can register there and get nice extra features or upload without even registering.
http://www.imageshack.us/

Here is an example of an image uploaded by me. The image is a thumbnail image linked to a larger image if the viewer wants it. All the code for that is generated by the image host for a near-no-brainer for users.

That's a pic of a container I have in my collection. If anyone can tell me what it is and what goes on the top, please let me know.

Image hosting for Oldgas.com has surpassed 175 megs of user uploaded images on our server. Continuing at the current rate, this will end up costing about $30 per month by mid-2005. We love the images! Hosting them on this new option will cut our costs and make it easier for you.

------------------
Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator