While I am really new to this petrolania hobby, I'm not new to swap meets as I have been selling & buying Model A Ford parts for years. I attended my first oil & gas show/swap this past weekend & had a great time. From watching this forum for a while I've learned that good quality original items command high prices. The one thing I don't understand is vendors who do not put a price tag on anything on their table. I get the idea that this allows the seller to interact with the potential buyers, maybe do a little dickering but it keeps me from even asking. Maybe it's just me, but I'm left with the feeling of "if you have to ask, you can't afford it".

I don't know if it's laziness or arrogance on the part of the vendors. I encounter this at the old car swap meets as well and I usually just glance at the offerings and move along. I have to really need the part to ask the price. I know I probably pass up some good deals, but too often the vendor isn't even at his table & the person minding the store has no idea of what he wants for the part. I have always put a price tag on my items, and if I go wandering, the folks I leave minding the space know how much I'll knock off, or they can call me for a price check.

But again, maybe it's just me.