Originally Posted By: blacktee
Originally Posted By: Alex
Guys, as the moderator, please keep it respectful and on point.

As far as the 26 inch sign. About 70% of my collection came from an old bulk plant here in MT. One of the signs he had was the 26 inch sign. And I am here to say I believe the sign was legitamite as he showed me a picture from the 30s of the bulk plant with that sign on the building. I held the sign and am convinced it was real. He wasn't an antique dealer and only had all Texaco items. Hard as I tried, he wouldn't sell it. I am agreeing with BlackTee on this one. And it is shown in the Tour With Texaco book....

That's interesting Alex, I always thought that the sign maybe foreign because of Registered Trade Mark being spelled out like that. Which it is on other foreign signs I've seen. Thanks for the information.

Well, I wouldn't rule anything out. LOL It would be nice if some of our European members would weigh in. I am always amazed by how much knowledge there is on the history of signs, etc. It is like that unusual Texaco Fire painted pump plate. Lots of people thought it was experimental, but it showed up in pictures of foreign pumps. I will try to call the guy and see if he has any more history on how they used it.

Alex
Looking for Texaco and Power Gasoline items