I saw this post before he backed off and said "never mind". You can't blame him for backing down. When you have only a few big time globe dealers you cant afford to call them out if you ever expect to buy or sell something through them. I heard this story at IG too. The original title of this post was "Ethics" It had to do with if you are a knowledgeable dealer and someone doesn't know what they have should you tell them. Seems some won't.

I won't comment on the story as I heard it at IG but I will say this. Over the last three weeks I have bought two gas pumps for over the asking price because I knew the sellers didn't know what they had. In one case it was $400 over asking price. In the other it was $600 over asking price. I still got a great deal and the sellers were very grateful for my honesty. And I know that if they ever have a neighbor or friend with a gas pump for sale they will recommend me for an honest opinion. I also know that someone will NEVER get a chance to sell an amazing globe collection.

Last edited by RARIN TO GO; Sat Aug 08 2015 07:15 PM.