I purchased this from Paul Bell earlier in the year, but must let it go to replace funds used on a classic car that I acquired. The paint on this pump is amazing and flawless. Certainly a work of art... Here is Paul's description of the work completed:
Professional restoration!! The pump is a Martin & Schwartz Model 80. Here’s the list of features:
- All sheet metal and frame sand blasted down to bare metal. Metal sealed with etching epoxy primer.
- Dents removed and surface prepared with multiple coats of catalyzed primer. Primer sanded with increasingly finer grits. Primer sealed.
- Automotive grade color coat / clear coat paint applied. Polly flourescent green and mirror-like black paint!
- Racing stripe graphics are painted, not decals, in multiple colors, buried in multiple layers of clear coat. And yes, it took a lot of measurements and time to get everything to line up just right!
- Clear coat is sanded flat and buffed to a high shine. Angled shots included so you can see the bodywork / paint quality
- The globe body is aluminum, also polished to a high shine.
- The meter is a restored original, not a reproduction. I did not use stickers on the meter numbers. The porcelain faceplate is a reproduction.
- The inside of the pump is also painted.
- All new wiring, including a ground wire (three wire, not two). Dimmer switch added, accessible from the little side door. Easy access ON/OFF switch at the top of the pump.
- New rubber seals on doors, windows, and new hose.
The price is $3750 firm, and that INCLUDES SHIPPING anywhere in the continental US, as long as your location is tractor-trailer accessible. If you wish to pick-up the pump, I will knock $500 off the price.