It started out collecting signs. That's it, just signs............Then came a visible........... Then a sign pole..........Then last spring I found a riveted tank a couple of hours away. At first, it was going to be "yard art". Somehow it morphed into a restoration. My wife got on board also. Information on horse drawn tank wagons is nill on the internet, so about all I had to go on was pictures. This is the story of the restoration process. To my knowledge, no one has posted about this before. We have learned quite a bit about horse drawn vehicles. The bad part of this is that when this is finished, we will primarily be going to parades, threshing bees, etc. But we will be ambassadors for petroliana. Please bear with me on this as my picture posting/resizing abilities are being tested. To some that may be easy, I have hours invested trying to do this and also a little help from Jim. So to start, the first picture is the tank when it came home. The running gear is totally worthless and not correct. The second picture is of a farm wagon that I went to Ohio for and hauled home on a flatbed. We took the box off the running gear and put it on another less desireable gear and put it in the yard. The third picture is of a gantry that had to be built and the first stages of marrying these two together. More to follow.

DSCF0494 (2).JPG DSCF0498 (2).JPG DSCF0567 (2).JPG