Doug, you know I love you like a Brother; but what would you report the sign as?

The Seller, doesn't claim that it is "original nor real".... And even if he/she/they did say it was "original"; they would be technically correct. The sign is an "original fantasy"... As to being "vintage"; they aged it and that took an amount of time; so by the time they sell the sign it meets the "requirements" of being "vintage" as the term is being used now days...

Buyers and Sellers raised these same concerns about signage that came out of the Far East in the 50s-70s... From the European Market (mostly Eastern European Countries) in the 70s and 80s... From Mexico and South America in the late 90s, early 2000s... And now signs from India and Bangladesh; signs that have been hitting the Marketplace for close to a decade...

Maybe someday; People will not get taken by those, a good portion of the Hobby, me included, consider "Scam Artists".

I'm sorry that your friend got taken; an expensive lesson that in a "Perfect World" would not have happened...

We CAN NOT stop these makers of items, what they are doing is legal and even encouraged by the Indian Government. (more taxable revenue, coming into the Country).. As long as they don't claim they are "Authentic Original" items... They are not breaking any American Laws... And the way the Trademark Laws of the United States read; it is up to the individual Company's or their Agents to file Suit in American, World Court and Indian Courts; to attempt to get satisfaction against the maker of an item... So, it is not worth the trouble and/or money spent verses the money recovered...

This maybe my last post on Oldgas, as I seem to have run afoul of the "Powers to Be".. Because I posted a For Sale thread for Dwaine Buck... Man, I wish the Membership would grow up and quit acting like 3 yr olds....

What was done in the past, is the past!!!! Life is too short to hold onto old grudges!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looking for Tide Water/ Tide Water-Associated/ Tidewater items