I don't disagree with anything you guys have said above. The BPs on these big gas & oil auctions are getting out of hand. However, as a relative new guy to this hobby, there are a limited number of places where I can buy this stuff:

eBay - forget it. Fakes are rampant and unless you really know what you're looking at you'll get taken.

Big auctions - fairly safe, but as everyone said, expensive.

Petro shows- Well, I still have a day job Mon-Fri and a limited number of vacation days/year. From what I have seen/heard on here, most of the action takes place during the week at these shows and I just can't take several days off and drive 8-12 hours to go to a show. That won't make me popular at home.

Personal contacts/network - For a new guy like me, not many exist yet. Working on this but it takes time.

Facebook - Some groups are good, some aren't. Sometimes good deals, sometimes not.

Oldgas - Great place but good deals get snapped up quick.

I think that pretty much sums it up for me. So I have Oldgas, Facebook and the big auctions as my sources right now. Again, I don't like the high BPs but my sources are limited.

BrianH

Brian H