Um... quick clue... "Made in USA" on the lens... not legit as far as I'm aware on supposed 15" early globes. I started noticing these a while back. Most of the time original markings are not seen or are 'Reg' marks or the like vs Made in USA.

I wouldn't expect 'Made in the USA' to particularly be on any vintage globe glass in the visible era. When it was used back then it was on products like knives, razors, etc. Typically this marking is on such 'consumer' items. It didn't become more widespread until the 1960s with the influx of cheap Japanese merchandise. Remember we use to call all that stuff 'Japanese junk' and would look for made in the USA. Then later it became a whole labeling campaign promoted by the federal government.

As far as the metal surround, the reproductions tend to have a slightly more silver/whiteness to the metal sheen due to more zinc in the metals being reprocessed by China and the like. The older NOS tend to look more like gunmetal grey overall in my experience, slightly duller on visual inspection.

Collecting anything keeps you young at heart!