A few years ago I missed a few IG shows, but I was there for the second show and about 25 after that.

I have seen many changes trying to perfect the perfect show. Much as they have tried there are always been complaints. I did not offer a opinion the the above post.

Just strictly based on this last show, where I was in attendance I would like to state my opinion.

Saturday shows do not work, yes hold the auction, but the vendors are gone and the guys who can only come to the show on Saturday will be disappointed. If you are new to the hobby and can only attend the events that are on Saturday, you need to start with the other smaller shows that are over the weekend. Iowa Gas and CTO is where big money changes hands, if these guys sell out, they are long gone. I am not trying to be smart, but that is what it was back in the 1990s and is still the way today.

OK, my opinion: This last show was a very good show, with the exception of the auction. Here is my suggestion. If the auction is as big as the one last week, divide it into two auctions, 1/2 being sold starting at 6:00 Wednesday and the same the next day. This will give the vendors time to get something to eat, and get to the auction, and since it will probably end at 9:00 each night, it will still give everyone time to hit the room to room sellers each night.

To all of you who stopped my our room to say hi I thank you. I brought 60 cans of Bud with me to thank you all for buying my books, got rid of most of them (well yes, I did make an effort to drink as many as I could).

Jack Sim

Last edited by Jack Sim; Wed Aug 09 2017 09:25 PM.

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available