To say a Saturday/Sunday show doesn't work then explain to me why the Peotone show is so popular and with good general public foot traffic, granted the show is over by 1pm Sunday but no matter what day a show is on it dies off in the afternoon.

Des Moines is a different animal but it needs some tweeks. Somehow the general public needs to be attracted to these shows because there usually is something for everyone. Look at your good general antique shows that are on Sat/Sun, the aisles are packed with people.

The following is a post I made several days ago on Scott Benjamin's Facebook globe page.

"Rules, it's all about rules....the show needs some. CTO and others have them. A firm start and end time and vendors that stay set up till the clock stricks closed. I totally understand why vendors pack it up early, no buyers, why stay.
The show should start at set up on Thursday and end when the auction starts Saturday at noon. This show doesn't need to run as long as it does, how long does it take to see everything? It's not Hershey. And besides the expenses for the dealers is huge. Between the hotel and vendor registration my costs exceeded $1000 and that didn't include travel to get there. Hats off to guys like John Mancino and Gas Pump Rob who drove from each coast. Of course this is my opinion of a perfect world and I agree the auction on Wednesday killed the flow."

Tom.

Always buying gas pumps and parts.

Visit my web site: www.gaspumps.us
Buckles Vintage Gas Pump Parts LLC
Carthage Indiana