Originally Posted By BryceG
still dont understand why Weds-Fri is the only option. nearly every other show on earth uses the weekend for at least one day... Thurs-Sat or Fri-Sun.

2 days off work = feasible
3 days off work = not worth it

I would love if Iowa did similar as CTO... Thurs-Sat with auction Saturday around 10am-Noon.

I agree with Bryce 100%. They should copy the CTO schedule, and don't let anyone set up until Thursday afternoon, period. That gives you Thursday to sell (mostly selling to each other). Then Friday and Saturday you start to see large crowds. And then Saturday afternoon or Sunday is a good drive day.

We are not the only ones collecting this stuff, you must cater to the car guy or collector that works M-F, and can only get to the show Friday afternoon or Saturday. We could attract a lot more people, and sell more, this way, if you include the weekend There are a lot of younger people collecting this stuff, not everyone is retired. And to say this show is Wednesday to Friday is sort of a joke. It starts more like on Tuesday, or some would even say Monday. So when Joe-car-guy, who wants to get some signs for his garage gets there Friday, everyone is gone. Nor does Joe-car-guy want to take a day off, or head out on a weeknight.

Also, it is very easy to get free advertisement. Call the local news or radio station and invite them out on the very first day (Thursday). Therefore people will see it on the news and make it a point to go Friday or Saturday (if they opt to come out, but they usually like local 'what's going on around town' stories and will come out to do a bit).

And if there is an auction, have it Saturday at 1:00 or 2:00.

Just my 2 cents

Last edited by Speedracer; Mon Aug 14 2017 12:53 PM.

-Steve B. (WTB: 48" Flying A button, 48" black/org Phillips 66, White Star, and Chevrolet Signs. Also looking for a Wayne 866. Send a PM. Thanks.)