On this day in 1959, workers removed this giant Red Crown Gasoline sign on the corner of Skinker and Clayton Roads in St. Louis, Missouri. It had 5,600 bulbs, 2,900 feet of neon tubing and five miles of wiring. It was destroyed. It was replaced by a similar sized Standard plastic sign, updated to AMOCO later. The AMOCO still stands there today over a BP station.