Links directly to an eBay auction now work to credit Oldgas.com with a referral if you win the auction!
Newer members and visiting non-members may not know about the advertising deal we have with eBay. The major portion of the funding needed to keep this site running comes from commissions from winning bids placed on eBay where the bidder got to the auction through a link provided by Oldgas.com.
Here's how to help:
* Click on any link to an eBay auction appearing in a forum topic message
* Click on the links listed on the "Right Now on eBay" auctions shown at the top of the page of several forums here as well as on our Auctions page. Click on "Auctions" at the top of this page.
* Use the eBay search form shown on our Auction page
. As shown in the pictures at the bottom of this message.
Here's the fine print:
* Oldgas.com only gets a referral commission when the bidder who wins the auction, came to the auction from one of the links mentioned in the above paragraph.
* Direct links to eBay in forum messages now count as a referral. Oldgas.com now gets commission from those links.
We sincerely thank buyers who browse eBay by searching with the eBay search form we provide and clicking on the "Right Now on eBay" links we provide. It may take an extra step, but it makes all the difference helping to "keep the lights on here."
We really appreciate it when sellers put a link to their auction or their auction numbers in forum topics about their auction items. Bidders can just click on the link or copy the number and paste it into the eBay search search form at the bottom of Shop Talk pages.
Sellers can highlight the Web address link of their auction and copy it. Then put your cursor in your forum topic message submission box and right click. Choose "Paste" from the drop-down menu. The link will appear there. Oldgas.com gets an advertising referral for it. This helps keep the site running.