Originally Posted By Kaiserjeepm51
Originally Posted By Corey1955
For those of us who are new at this, like me, would you mind please teaching us what about that sign is fake?

Agreed please. I took the time to look over all his items for sale and they looked alright to me with an untrained eye. The two things I did notice to be a bit out of place was the hardware store eye bolts and the zip ties in the first picture.

Just because you look at a guys other items and they look alright to you... don't judge a book by its cover, unless you are knowledgeable and know for sure if an item is real. Do you know if all those patches are real? They fake tons of patches from gas stations, to police departments, to WWII. Do states really waste paint on the back side of those original license plates? If so, which states do and don't, etc. [By the way, I'm not saying those items are fake, I don't know. I'm just using this as an example of the many questions to ask yourself]. The moral of the story is, do a lot of research before you buy from an unknown seller on eBay.

And don't think a seller is good just because his stuff 'looks' okay, especially if you have an "untrained" eye.

Please don't be offended by this, I am trying to help you and other new members who read it.

Don't buy anything from eBay, unless you are 100% positive it is real. And if you are unsure, I would ask the experts here for advice. Looks can be very deceiving.

By the way, his Kendall sign is just pieced together as well.

-Steve

Last edited by Speedracer; Wed Dec 27 2017 06:28 PM.

-Steve B. (WTB: 48" Flying A button, 48" black/org Phillips 66, White Star, and Chevrolet Signs. Also looking for a Wayne 866. Send a PM. Thanks.)