I just got a text this morning from a Wisconsin number (920)415-4352. The grammar was fine and it was short, hey buddy, saw your wtb ad for a Bennett 373 face, there's a guy named Terri in Indiana who has one, here's his email.

I knew the email address was highly suspect. I text back and asked who this was? John here. I said oh, John La Prest (Old Racer). He replied, you are welcome.

I knew it was a Wisconsin area code and have talked to John before and thought it was him.

I emailed in spite of my apprehension and good Lord at the feeble attempt to try and scam! Horrible grammar (dead give away), Stole the picture of the face from a Letgo ad for a Bennett 373. If you google Bennett 373 and click on images its the first picture that comes up (Sinclair pump), wanted a Moneygram only as payment (another red flag), used the name of a Terri Lynn Roe from Colfax Indiana and gave the correct address.

It just went south from there with their stupidity as I played along. They sure tried though and now trying to impersonate oldgas members! Beware!

KJV Psalms 16:11

Thou wilt shew me the path of life:
in thy presence is fulness of joy;
at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore.