Hey, hello to all. I joined this site long, long ago. So long, I forgot I was a member. I could not remember my password, my email address was different. I have to start all over. I am an occasional lurker. I do have many questions about items I own. I have never bought any petroliana books or price guides. Guess I am too cheap. This hobby has me just about priced out of the market. I still continue to seek and chase down leads, because I can’t get treasure hunting out of my blood. I don’t get rid of much, although I am starting to think about selling more and more. It is hard because I know I won’t find stuff like I used to and at the prices I could afford. Everything is so much more expensive now, or my income has not kept up with the market. I have acquired many of the items to replicate an old abandoned “Route 66” looking station erected on my property. Unfortunately, I have a mish-mash of different brands, so don’t know which way to go. I would like to concentrate on either Texaco, Ashland,Sohio, Mobil or? Maybe a smaller regional station. Look forward to maybe rounding up , finally, the missing pieces needed and making a few friends along the way. I have never been to any of the large gas shows and o have never been to a Carlisle, Hershey or any other well known swap. I am 57 married, partly disabled, I reside on a farm 50 miles from downtown Cincinnati. I have antique, muscle and race cars and antique tractors as hobbies also. I have been told more than once that I should sell stuff and concentrate on one or two things...easier said than done. Thank you for this avenue to converse in the greatest country of freedom, serving God, and enjoying life a fella could ever have.

Last edited by ko-lek-tor; Wed Jan 24 2018 09:16 AM.