I've only been doing this about two years now. Started with Oldgas, joined some facebook gas & oil groups about 9 months ago. I think both forums have their strengths and weaknesses. This site is generally more civil and mature than Facebook (and blocks posts with profanity which I like) and the ability to use the Google search engine to research old posts is really valuable for me. On here I typically see mostly collectors whereas on the facebook groups (at least the ones I'm a member of) there seem to be more pickers/dealers than collectors. There are some pretty childish things going on in the Facebook forums that kind of turn me off so I try to ignore that stuff. The Facebook petro members also seem to have their little cliques that remind me more of high school than I'd like. If you can get past that stuff, it's a great way to buy and sell and meet other folks in the hobby. Posting pics is really easy as John said (though I never had trouble on here either) and the volume of things that move through those groups is enough to keep anyone's wallet empty!

I'm pretty busy with work, but I try to check both sites at least once/day. Thanks Jim for all you do to keep this site up and running. I appreciate it!

BrianH

Brian H