Originally Posted by Ohio Oil
I'm not the most experienced guy on here, but I have been around a while. My observation in this whole discussion is there seems to be 2 main types of people using the site. One is the experienced veterans that have learned what they know the hard way ... reading, swap meets, deals gone bad, etc.. The second is the internet generation ... the ones accustomed to typing a search term in a box and getting instantaneous results.

Our culture has experienced a major shift in regard to commerce, protocol, and respect. If as a veteran of the site you expect the new people coming here to act as you do it's going to be a frustrating experience for you. You're probably not going to get thanked sometimes. Yes, people are going to get info on this hobby that took you years to understand on your own. I guess you can either get ticked about it or accept it ... because the reality is it isn't going to change. If you have time to answer questions great. If you don't, then don't. The attitude is probably what needs to change most.

The future of specific interest websites such as Oldgas depends on the veterans of that community changing with the times, not expecting the culture around them to act like them.

AMEN!!

Email :john@barnquiltshop.com

"The Fun Is In The Hunt"
Web site: www.barquiltshop.com/