This clock came from the Warner & Wirtz dealership out of New Freedom PA where it hung in the front window - my Father first saw the clock there in 1952. It was obtained by my father's Uncle in 1970 from Warner & Wirtz, after it ceased working and was in a trash can. The Uncle then took it home and blew it out at which time it started working again. He gave it to my Father in 1972 for his business (automotive shop). It has hung in the shop since then, has never been repaired, or messed with in any way. It has run continuously since 1972, barring the rare power outage. Dad never unplugged it. It ran 24/7 all the time I've known it (45 years).

No sunlight (at least the 46 years my Father has had it) shined on it so the colors are fairly bright and clean. However I reckon that it hung at least 20 years in the dealership front window. Now that Dad's retiring, he gave me the clock.

How much should this be insured for? I am also curious about the marks, would "1 49" mean - made January of 1949?

Any advice appreciated.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Back markings:

[Linked Image]