I see this FORD sign is two-sided, and with reasonably good porcelain. Since the can is included, I'm thinking this sign value (to me) is in the $8,000 to $10,000 range these days. Just my opinion, of course. I should note that I'm conservative by nature! By the way, I don't think the broken neon affects the value by all that much. That is expected by many collectors in a "as-found" neon sign. And, in my opinion, correctly repaired or replaced neon won't hurt the value much at some future point in time. After all, every sign collector wants these things to light up! Of course, a sign that was not originally punched for neon, but has been made into a neon sign is an entirely different story. Obviously, that's not the case here.

TWO guys had to think that first FORD sign at the Miller auction was worth the $20,000+ price. I realize what Jim is saying about the prices at the Miller auction being on the top end, and I feel the same way. However, how many times over the past five years or so, have we seen what seemed like high auction prices for these goodies become the new normal? In my mind, there's no doubt that high auction prices push prices up in general. Sure, we still might come upon a seller who doesn't know gas and oil things, or who hasn't kept up with prices over the past decade....but ask yourself, how often does that happen any more (compared to ten years ago)? John

Last edited by Jolly-John; Wed Feb 21 2018 12:30 PM.