I am one of the Mason-Dixon Gas show promoters and I would like to give you my comments. The show was organized to bring together sellers and buyers in a place and time where there had been a void before the summer shows began. We, as promoters, do not organize what is being sold and what prices will be set by the vendors. As with any show, prices are all over the place (high & low). The statement of no deals to be had is based on your own perception. Every vendor who sold was very happy with their sales and the buyers must have been satisfied or they would not have purchased anything. Every collector has their own price level and with any show, there is always complaing about selling prices. Welcome to the world of collecting! If you don't like the prices, negotiate with the seller, make a purchase or move on. Simple as that.

As to the adjoining auctions, they are not associted with Mason-Dixon Gas. The only thing these auctions do is to provide more foot traffic for each event.

The more shows a person attends, the more one will see the pricing level. Rairity, condition and availability are usually what drives any price structure. Ebay & auction companies are a prime example of varying pricing levels.

The shows are usually not a flea-market venue to make great deals, but from time to time, great deals can be had.

Mike Carr