I need to get this off my chest. For a number of months, and in a couple of cases even a few years, I have been trying to locate some parts for pumps in my personal collection with very little success. Anyone that knows me understands that when a pump goes into my personal collection it is there to stay. I get a great deal of satisfaction looking at my collection and will leave the sale of these pumps up to my son when I’m gone.

Now I acknowledge that I’m not looking for common pump parts and, for the longest time, believed that they sim[ply did not exist. I also admit that, after almost 25 years in the hobby, I have accumulated a reasonable inventory of spare parts and pumps which I sell to help fund new acquisitions.

However, my outlook on locating parts is changing as I reach out individuals, some on this very site, providing them with pictures and descriptions in response to their wanted inquiry’s, only to never hear from them again. On more occasions that I care to remember, I have pulled parts off the shelve and pumps out of a cramped storage space, taken several photos and sent emails offering interested party’s what I believe they are looking for and more times than not, I never hear from the individual again. Not so much as an acknowledgement that they have changed their mind but appreciate the effort or thank you but the part is too costly or I’ve found one for less money.Any response would be appreciated and I’ve even heard ”thanks for the reply, if I buy the pump I’ll get back to you”, which is just fine. (I don’t think one of those pumps has ever been purchased.)

If this is happening to me than it is probably happening to many others. As I get older my time becomes more valuable and I find myself responding to fewer and fewer individuals looking for parts. I’m certain others on this site have experienced the same situation and have to take my hat off to those of you (Ron, Ryan and Tom to name a few) that actively sell parts.(I’m not suggesting that any of you are getting older.)

The downside to all of these is, that while the parts or pumps that we are seeking might be out there, fewer and fewer of us are willing to put the effort in to reaching out to help.

I think I get it, and tonight when I go home and start to put pumps back into my storage space after having received no response to my offer of help, I’m sure I’ll feel better now that this is off my chest. I will continue to try and help those I’ve successful dealt with in the past.