To clarify, the two BP stations I remember seeing were both in Massachusetts. I recall them being close to Worcester, and this was in the early 1970's. The reason they stuck out is because they were the only ones I had ever seen outside of Canada, which is where my family came from and we visited every year. I also recall the first Mobil station I ever saw with the futuristic round pumps was located on the Wampanoug Trail between Barrington and East Providence. where the road forked toward Seekonk. I'm sure many more station rebranded than I recall, but I only remember the two that change to Getty. I was fortunate to have lived when stations still gave out prizes, like Patriots tumblers at Mobil, plastic horseshoes at Gulf, tiger tails at Esso, Red Sox posters at Atlantic, football stickers at Sunoco to name a few. In addition there were always some game going on at Shell, Sunoco or Mobil were you collected playing pieces to win prizes as well as giving out S&H green stamps, pumping your gas, checking the oil, air pressure and cleaning your windshield! Virtually all that ended around the time of the first oil embargo in 1973. Again I have to say thank you for reminding me of all the wonderful memories of my childhood in Barrington!

Regards, Jim

I collect gas pump salt and pepper shakers
and the plastic coin banks made by AVSCO.