I realize that we probably aren’t objective on the subject but what do you think will happen with the value of all our signs, oil cans, pumps, etc. in the future years? I’m not talking the next 5-10 but more like 20-30-40 years from now? I also collect classic autos and wonder about those too. It’s hard to imagine that one day these things will be worth very little because they will always be apart of American history, automobile history, advertising history, etc.

When I go to car shows, I notice that a lot of the people in attendance are probably in their 50’s, 60’s,70’s and 80’s, the majority probably in their 60’s. Are the baby boomers driving up the prices of a lot of this stuff because they want it, are probably retired, have money and these items are from their generation (for the most part)? What happens when they are gone?

It’s not that I am looking to sell my collection but it’s comforting knowing that you can at least get out the money you have in if you really needed to, assuming you didn’t overspend when you bought them. Just curious on your thoughts!