I wondered if others have the same challenge that I do. I sometimes add to my collection out of purpose. Out of purpose when I look for and find what I have been seeking for my collection (it usually costs me more money). Out of opportunity when I run across a random sign at an incredible price (cannot pass it up and it is much cheaper).

Let me illustrate. My first pic is of the small version of an Indian Gas Pump Plate. I wanted to match my larger version and I had to “pay up” to do so. The second pic is of a Railway Express Agency Sign that I got for a song. It also had a second exact sign bolted to it that paid for the first sign when I sold it (I essentially got a free sign!). Those two examples illustrate the dilemma. If all I did was to buy opportunistically, my collection would look one way. Conversely, if all I did was to buy purposefully my collection would probably look quite different.

I guess the best case scenario (that we all seek) is when opportunity meets purpose...just does not happen that often!

5C12F2F1-2DFD-4E74-99DE-0C0DB22ACEDF.jpeg 46A611D0-B964-4E68-89B8-557D5971A1AC.jpeg
Last edited by Stephenwarren30; Thu Sep 06 2018 07:09 AM.