Yes I think it is brand new, So doubt it is coming down anytime soon, the lady owns 10 stations in LA area, She recently changed from Red 76 , back to Orange 76,
I was given the offer last week and was told late yesterday if you want it , come get it now

When I got there I looked at the orange rotating ball on the pole and I thought that ball does not look 8ft , it looks smaller, I assumed I was buying the one they took down when they change colors

I was then taken to another one of her stations just 3 blocks away on the Other side of the 101, I was told this station was a 76 for 40 years and she was told to make it a Mobil station , so the 8 ft ball was taken down and put right behind the station

I was surprised no one loaded it up, but it was a process to load it up for us to load it, a small Crain would have made it a faster process , any way she said she was keeping the pole for the new Mobil sign

I never knew they could just tell the owner to change their station to another brand, but they did tell all the owners to get rid of the balls when they changed to red 76

I'll get you some photos of the smaller ball