Hose connections were all over the pumps, it just depends on who is making it, one company even had a connection in the middle of the front door. That large oval hole in the right/top picture is where the pipe is that the hose connects to.

Years ago I wrote an article for "Check the Oil" magazine about the Tokhein 39 pumps. According to records I have, they made over 125,000 of them, it is probably the easiest pump to find if you are looking for a pump to restore.

If you are planning on finding the parts and restoring the pump, you should get a copy of the Parts Manual that I have listed on my website.http://petrolianacollectibles.com/tokheim%2039l-ra.htm

It shows every part and where it goes.

You might consider just buying a complete one rather than part by part. One sould only cost between $500 and $600, and if that is a hole in the door in the picture in the lower/right above, you are going to need that also.

Years ago I had over 200 pumps in storage and a lot of them were the 39s. I always said if you put two 39s in a shed and waited nine month, there would be three in there.

Jack Sim

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available