Hi all,

I need your help please. Did RPM ever have a 23" single-sided porcelain sign? I'm just looking for some confirmation on my gut feeling. A friend has this RPM sign (all I have is pictures as of right now). I told them it screams fake to me.

Cons: 1) It has an all white back, it's 23" and single-sided which should be about the size of a curb sign, yet it's not double-sided. My known original DSP version is 28". 2) If you zoom in on the second pic, the blue letters were smeared when applied. I know originals can have flaws like this, but I would think this one is too sloppy to leave the factory. 3) The back looks too clean (just a little dirt on it).

Pros: 1) It has rivets with starburst backs (however those can be faked as well). 2) I can't seem to find a fake one on line with this font (usually if a sign is fake, they are all over the internet). There are a few fake ones on-line, but the font on those is obviously fake.

I will have the sign in question in my hand on Sunday, I just wanted to hear your opinions and in-put also

Thanks,
Steve

IMG_2304.JPG IMG_2305.JPG IMG_2306.JPG rivet.JPG
Last edited by Speedracer; Fri Oct 18 2019 11:24 PM.

-Steve B. (WTB: 48" Flying A button, 48" black/org Phillips 66, White Star, and Chevrolet Signs. Also looking for a Wayne 866. Send a PM. Thanks.)