Junking in New England 15 years ago. I motorcycle/snowmobile shop had a 6 foot gas sign on the building. I go in and asked to talk to the owner who said he had a few things, but mostly just repro and common things. I go down and look and I see the Jenny globe in the middle of a Esso and Skychief globe. I think 5 globes total. I'm looking and looking, I and think to myself, "Dang, that Jenny globe is original 15" lenses on a repro body". I go upstairs and ask him if he would sell anything, and he said "what". I said tell me about that Jenny globe. He said, "my uncle worked at a Jenny station and when they closed it, he brought me those lenses and I put them in that repro body. He said how long you gonna be around?". I said today, my wife is at the hotel, I let her sleep late because it's her birthday. He said, "you go take her to lunch and come back later, if I'm not here I'll let the guys know". I said OK. I go to lunch, couldn't hardly eat, then went back. I pulled up and one of the employees ran out, I said the owner told me to come back about selling me one of his globes. He said "I know. He said to tell you to go down and get it". I about fell over because I thought he was trying to avoid telling me NO. He is the picture of his display and in my house now!

[Linked Image from i836.photobucket.com]
[Linked Image from i836.photobucket.com]