Clifton Don't feel to bad . I've sure missed my fair share of great things to , it might be because I didn't have enough money at the time or maybe it was that I just was after other things . When I look back now in hindsight I regret what I didn't buy way more than what I did but it all has been so much fun . Anyways here is just one of my mistakes. I was up in a little town in Wyoming and had bought some stuff from one guy that referred me to his friend so I called him and told him what I collected he replied that he had some things from a old Mobil station . I asked if I could stop by and he said sure . I get there and he opens his garage door and this is what I see . Now this horse is dead mint but dusty I looked it over top to bottom and all it had was one eraser sized chip on the left front leg. He had a few other things like the lighted round Mobil signs which nobody wanted at the time . So I ask politely how much for the horse , and of course he says make me an offer so I say $1,000.00 I know what your thinking What a low ball offer but 22 years ago that was a fair starting price . So he says its got to be higher and I say $1,500.00 which was all I had and I told him that . He was nice and said your close but not quite there. So I asked him to give me some time and I would get more money and we can work out a deal . He said sure I'm in no hurry. At that time I wanted it but it wasn't killing me to get it and I was mainly after other things so like a dummy I let a lot of time pass that when I did call the poor guy had passed away and his wife said that there son was taking it . And I think that's fine but I will always feel that if I had another $500.00 when I was there it would be in my garage .

IMG_2292.JPG
Last edited by Wasatch Man; Sat Apr 25 2020 09:36 AM.