To finish up the last story about a year or so after I had found that round Husky sign and some same era Husky road maps in that building I did a bit of research and found out there was a couple long gone refineries in that area of town back in the 30’s era. Obviously one was Husky, so I decided to look for any other buildings that had that same look to them.
Sure enough 2 blocks west was another large building surrounded by trees and a big lot with a house.
I knocked on the door and this fellow answers, I asked if he might have any old signs or gas pumps in that old metal building in his lot. He seemed very stand offish and replied no, I could tell he wasn’t going to let me look, lol, so just before leaving I asked specifically one more time about signs in the rafters possibly and got the same answer no.
So I said alright have a great day and left.
It happened at this same i time was running an ad in the local newspaper about buying signs, pumps,etc.
It was about 5 days later I get this call on my ad from a fellow saying he has a Husky sign to sell. I asked size what it looks like etc. He just said it’s big and says Husky.
I said ok, get his number and said next time I’m in town I will look at it. I think it was 2-3 weeks before I got back there. I called him and he gave me his address, drive up there and be damned if it wasn’t the same place I had asked about signs before.
Knock on door (he doesn’t recognize me from before) and sure enough we go over to that big metal building.
Head inside and there way up in the rafters (no attic here) I can see a vague image of a Husky dog jumping.
I figured it was going to be some hunk of junk after the initial phone call which is why I never rushed there.
Anyway I made a deal to buy it, as is, before crawling on 2x6 rafters and trying to wrestle this 4x8 foot sign down between rafters.
Got it down and in the truck finally, to the car wash and sprayed it off. It was a thing of beauty and confirmed the existence of a Husky refinery at one time long ago.

Wanted early tin litho signage.
petro, farm, auto, etc.