Link to my sale: https://www.ebay.com/itm/133423920534

eBay item number: 133423920534

More pictures on my ad

Info:
Oakland Pontiac Sales Service Original Porcelain Sign. Condition is Used. Oakland Pontiac Sales - Service Sign

Double sided porcelain sign for Oakland Pontiac Sales and Service. This sign is a great size and displays well with white and cobalt colors. Chipping at edges with a couple small chips in field as shown in the pics. Some surface porcelain loss around edges and rust along the perimeter. One brass eyelet is misshapen but useable. Carefully review the attached "whole article" pics to review defects not shown in the zoom-in pics. Sign is in original condition with zero observed touch-ups. Sign has a very slight bow near the "C" (pictured) but is overall flat. Overall good gloss and color. Size: 36" x 24"

Oakland would cease production at the end of 1931. The company maintained the Marque's name until April 1,1932 when the division was officially renamed Pontiac Motor Car Company. Thus Pontiac became the only G.M.C. companion car to not only survive but flourish and become a leader in modern automobile manufacturing.

Seller's note: I suspect this sign was manufactured in the late 20's to early 30's during the company transition. However there are no maker marks to date this sign. This is an extremely rare sign with a great presentation. Local pick-up is available or the buyer may elect free shipping to the LOWER 48 only.

I am a experienced shipper and will take care to package your item carefully for its journey to you!

This sign came from a private collection. I have no information on the background or provenance of this item. Items are shipped with a quick cleaning and may need a wash or further wipe down upon arrival.

Understanding that condition is subjective I encourage you to use the provided images to aide you in making your own decisions. Have questions? We are happy to answer them, but please ask prior to purchase. Thanks for looking!

IMG_20200529_053025.jpg IMG_20200529_045443.jpg IMG_20200529_045502.jpg